Need a Boost in Energy?
Do you hit a mid-day fog or feel sluggish in the early evenings? If you work in an office and stare at a computer all day, you probably struggle with low energy levels. If you drive around in a car all day for work, you probably have low energy levels. While it doesn’t feel good when your energy levels are low, we are here to share a lot of simple tips to boost your energy naturally to keep you healthy!
- Diffuse essential oils that help uplift and improve your mood. Any citrus oil is great for this, such as orange, lemon, or tangerine, or peppermint can also do the trick!
- Workout mid-day instead of early morning or late evening. Exercise will work out any stress you may be holding onto and naturally boost your energy levels to keep you going strong the rest of the day.
- Take a walk outside and enjoy the fresh air. A bonus is you’ll get some sun exposure to boost your vitamin D levels naturally!
- Drink water – and more water! If you are tired of just plain water, add fruit, herbs, or essential oils for flavor!
- Naptime. I know we all can’t take a mid-day nap, but if you’re home or it’s the weekend, take a short 15-25 minute nap and you’ll wake up with plenty of energy.
- Following up from naptime is bedtime. Make sure you are getting a good night’s sleep, of about 7-8 hours.
- Switch up your diet! Focus on eating foods that are high in protein, healthy fats, and good carbs. You want to eat fresh fruits, whole grains, nuts, vegetables, and leafy greens. Bananas are a great source of energy too as they provide potassium for the body.
- Supplements – try adding in some Vitamin D or Vitamin B12 to your diet, add more potassium and magnesium.
We see commercials and ads all around us for energy boosting items, like drinks, foods, supplements, teas, and so much more! Instead of buying into these products, try out the tips above!